What is smoke detector sensor ?
Smoke Alarms: Smoke alarms will detect most fires more rapidly than heat detectors. There are currently three types of smoke alarms on the market: ionization, photoelectric and combination ionization/photoelectric. An ionization smoke alarm contains a small amount of radioactive material.
- Good for soldering fire and dense smoke.
- Not as prone to cooking nuisance alarms as ionization alarms.
- Contain no radioactive material.
- Suitable for general use.
- Carbon monoxide alarms are commonly used for the detection of fire in the home.
- Very good with fast flaming fires with little visible smoke.